We love scallops and will take you to the best spots to snorkel and collect them. We also introduce you to the natural beauty of the salt marsh and the sea grass beds where we find the scallops and point out the amazing sea life we often encounter there; beautiful shore birds, sea horses, starfish (awesome, wiggly brittle stars), horseshoe and stone crabs, and lots of baby fish using the grass as a nursery! We regularly see dolphins and will stop to enjoy their playful behaviors.
The beautiful sea grass beds we explore are about 3 to 5 feet deep, so our adventure is perfect for families, friends, and kids of all ages!
And we supply everything you need for a great time out on the Gulf of Mexico, including:
~ Mask, fins, and snorkel (we have decades of experience teaching you or getting you comfortable snorkeling, if you’re new to it!)
- Mesh bags to hold all the delicious scallops you collect
- Your Salt Water Fishing License
- A cooler full of ice and cold drinks
- Binoculars and critter ID materials for educational fun!
- Captain with 17 years experience in Florida guiding snorkelers
Enjoy our wonderful boat…
Our boat, the Lucky Hibiscus, is named for our beautiful local flowers and rich local heritage. Join us aboard our private, safe, and comfortable 22-foot long and 8 foot-beam, stable, six-passenger deck boat. She has comfy upholstered seating with shade covers and a sun deck. Her customized latter provides quick and easy water access.
The Lucky Hibiscus departs from convenient Pete’s Pier, 1 SW 1st Place, Crystal River FL 34429. Departure times vary and are tide-dependent.
Captain Laura Ruettiman is both your captain and your naturalist-guide. She has 17 years experience guiding visitors in Florida’s beautiful waters and loves to share her knowledge and love of nature with kids and adults alike. Captain Laura has her 50-ton Master Captain’s License and is a certified SCUBA instructor trained in water safety.
What to bring for your best time on the water with us…
- Sun protection: hat, sunglasses, snorkel shirt or rash-guard
- Sunscreen. We recommend natural sunscreen for your and your family’s protection and for our ocean friends. Learn more here
- Beach towels to dry off
- A cooler to transport your scallops home with you
- Pack a picnic! Feel free to bring the beer or wine of your choice.
- Cameras. We recommend waterproof or underwater cameras.
- (Please no Styrofoam cups or containers. Thank you!)
READY TO BOOK YOUR ADVENTURE?
- $300 for 4 people
$75 per additional person up to 6 total people
- We are happy to customize your trip with us! Just let us know how we can help you have your best and most memorable adventure.